Cutting across many spectrum of today’s global village and her relative issues, misconception and many challenges from the home front to the market place and schools; issues with anti-social behaviours and gang rages due to lack of clear understanding of Gods original purpose for holy matrimony with her related benefits; there have been national misrepresentation and misconstruction of what is good about been married which has resulted in negativities that affect varied classes in the society and has introduced pain and problems into our world that has and is taking efforts, time, money, legal and social process to resolve. For to raise a good nation, there must be a good community with individuals that come from good families who have cohesive voice and right family values.
Looking closely to our society from the religious and non religious groups or background, it is obvious that at various stages that some may have stumbled into marriage for diverse and odd reasons, from fantasy of Mills and Boons romance stories, to lovingly loving the idea of been married or getting married because it sounds good and generates a feel good factor, some may have stumbled into marriage unplanned, unsure, but yet their relationship whether short or long term partnership progresses into marriage because of society pressure, personal gain to be derived from being married; some find themselves in marriage today because they wanted to respond to family demands, lone parents challenges of raising their kids alone, ethical and cultural reasons, age pressure; noises and voices of “I am getting old, and time is going”, medical advices on child bearing and voices of “biological clock” is ticking but without much preparation or clear understanding of God’s purpose for holy matrimony neither an anticipation of the responsibility that comes with been married.
If the truth be told, only those nations, communities, families that understood and hold true to God’s originally intended purpose, values and benefits of marriage are able to model God’s kind of marriage based on God’s kind of love, wisdom and have embraced God’s principle are able to make their marriages a success and raise their children likewise. But so many have been in enduring marriages rather than enjoyable marriages, some have or are going through painful process of separation or divorce because of the challenges of building on defective marital foundation that has a serious impact on our community, our nation and our world today. If the foundations are destroyed, what can the righteous do? Psa 11:3
If you are undergoing the pain, the problem, the shame, the abuse, dejection and rejection and the reproach of dysfunctional marriage and you are overwhelmed with the traumatic process of separation and divorce, don’t throw in the towel; there is good news for you today, your broken heart can be healed for there is a balm in Gilead to soothe and heal the pain of your broken heart. There is comfort for you today as you turn to the God of all comfort and make peace with God by receiving the gift of love in Christ Jesus and be saved. Having a readiness to embrace and learn from the divine principle of God’s word with the right character and attitude of a builder to make your marriage a success. 2Cor 10:13
Always remember that God instituted the idea of marriage and the key to build and make it work has been given to you through His word, but you must search through the word of God with a readiness to obey God’s word and allow God’s word to govern and direct your heart in all things and at all times. For every “wise woman builds her house, but the foolish tears it down with her own hands. He who walks in his uprightness fears the LORD, but he who is devious in his ways despises Him”. God is committed to endow you with the untold blessings, wisdom to build and benefits that were instituted by God for your marriage. Prov 25:2, Jer 8:21-22 Pro 14:1
Beloved, your ability to resist the devil’s influence over your marriage or life is determined by and proportional to your total submission to God and His word. Therefore receive the grace of God that converts and turns around your broken, battered marriage or life from an enduring one to an enjoyable life and marriage as a testimony of God’s model of a successful marriage in Jesus name Jer 8:21-22 Pro 14:1, Jam 4:7, Luk 10:19, Psa 18:44-45
- But from the beginning of creation, God made them and female, for this reason a man shall leave his father and mother, and the two shall become one flesh; so they are no longer two, but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let no man separate [Mar 10:6-9 NIV]
- For the brokenness of the daughter of my people I am broken; I mourn, dismay has taken hold of me. Is there no balm in Gilead? Is there no physician there? Why then has not the health of the daughter of my people been restored? [Jer 8:21 NIV]
- Unless the LORD builds the house, they labor in vain who build it; unless the LORD guards the city, the watchman keeps awake in vain. It is vain for you to rise up early, To retire late, To eat the bread of painful labors; For He gives to His beloved even in his sleep [Psa 127:1-2 NIV]
- Come to me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and YOU WILL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. [Mat 11:28-30 NIV]
- In the same way, you wives, be submissive to your own husbands so that even if any of them are disobedient to the word, they may be won without a word by the behavior of their wives, as they observe your chaste and respectful behavior. Your adornment must not be merely external– braiding the hair, and wearing gold jewelry, or putting on dresses; but let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the imperishable quality of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is precious in the sight of God. For in this way in former times the holy women also, who hoped in God, used to adorn themselves, being submissive to their own husbands just as Sarah obeyed Abraham, calling him lord, and you have become her children if you do what is right without being frightened by any fear. You husbands in the same way, live with your wives in an understanding way, as with someone weaker, since she is a woman; and show her honor as a fellow heir of the grace of life, so that your prayers will not be hindered. [1 Pet 3:1-7 NIV]
Submit therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. [Jam 4:7 NIV]